GARDEN TO TABLE PROGRAM
The Garden to Table Program is a comprehensive elementary school program that incorporates academic learning into a school garden. Growe has developed standards-based lessons which provide students with opportunities to use science, math and language arts in a garden setting learning first-hand about ecology, economics, meteorology, and the importance of supporting healthy ecosystems.
- Enrich Student Education: by using on-site gardens to teach academic subjects.
- Address Health & Environmental Issues: by teaching the importance of food choice.
- Building Community: by engaging schools and local community in the Garden to Table program. Gardens act as living classrooms, providing students with hands-on education in food awareness and environmental sustainability.
The program brings the school and the local community together to address the health and environmental issues facing society:
- Principals provide program leadership throughout the school community
- Teachers enrich education through academic standards-based garden lessons
- Parents and Community Volunteers support classroom lessons and provide garden care